Day, night and weekend shift, schedule on 12-hour rotation.
If H, Cl, HCI NaClO, NaOh does not seem like a viral riddle to you, you are the specialist of chlorine and its derivatives that we are lacking. You like to follow clear steps and any protocol process to the letter. Your rigour constantly ensures the quality and safe conduct of operations. Combine your expertise with complex and varied automated control systems.
Our client, Axiall Canada, Westlake Chemical, is looking for members to join their team at the Beauharnois plant. Through their increased presence in the plastics and petrochemical industries, they have carved out an important place in the lives of Canadians and Americans, in addition to ranking in the Fortune 500.
The tasks consist of:
- Operating chlorine and HCl plant by continuously monitoring process parameters.
- Comparing process parameters to standards or specifications and ensuring a control by making necessary adjustments.
- Meeting production, quality and safety standards and standards at all times.
- Completing the necessary steps (sample collection, analytical verification, outcome evaluation) to determine if changes need to be made.
- Performing various basic tests (weighing, temperature, pressure or other) and completing the work document for the process.
- Completing daily IT report by entering data.
- Taking part in any other related tasks for the proper functioning of operations.
A set of benefits to put your mind at ease.
A pension program for a future that lives up to your expectations.
Premium offered for night and weekend shifts.
An ongoing training opportunity to satisfy your curiosity.
A stimulating work environment paired with an outstanding team.
DCS or ACS in Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical or Petrochemical Process Technology, or DCS in Industrial Process Technology, Environment, Water Technology or any other related degree.
2 to 5 years of experience in a continuous process environment (chemical, petrochemical or other products).
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Open to work on rotating hours.
Knowledge of the principle of control loop and valve operation, and experience with process control equipment and instruments is an asset.
The ideal candidate:
Your autonomy allows you to be versatile through the different steps of the processes.
You understand the impact between 0.1mg and 0.01 mg, which is why you are rigorous and proudly follow health and safety rules.
You take the time to get the right information to make the right decisions.
Sociable in nature, you enjoy building strong working relationships through teamwork.